Take the scanner out of the cradle and switch it on.
- The Screen will ask you "What would you like to do?". Followed by the a list of options.
The first option "Enter Purchases" should be highlighted, press either blue key to enter.
- A new screen will display "SHOP CODE:_____" Use the provided Shop Codes Card to identify the shop you purchased your items from. In order to select the shop, point the Scanner to the shop's barcode about 3-5 cm away, and hold down the yellow key down until the barcode has been scanned. The scanner will beep when the barcode is scanned.
- A new screen will display the shop scanned and an option to "Select Location" . Use the arrow keys to highlight either the suburb or state and then press either Blue key to enter.
- The next screen will display "TOTAL spent here $___.__". Use the number key pad to enter the total amount spent in this shop (Without a decimal point). Then press either blue key to enter.
- Anew screen will appear showing the shop to you selected, its location and "SCAN ITEM: __________". Select an item you pruchased from the shop selected, find the barcode and position the item so that the barcode lines run up and down.
Point the scanner tot he Barcode about 3- 5 cm away and hold the yellow key down until the barcode has been scanned (you will hear a beep and the barcode will be displayed on the screen).
- The same screen will now ask you for the Price of the item"Price $___.__". Enter the price for one pack of that item using the number keypad and then press either blue key to enter.
- The same screen will now display "QTY: 1".
If you have bought more than 1 unit of the same item, simply change the quantity by using the number key pad, then press either blue key to enter.
- Proceed to scan other items you purchased from the shop you selected, and repeat the process by scanning the item, entering the price and entering the quantity.
- Once you have finished scanning all your items from this shop, and the screen is displaying
if you have no more items to scan, scan the "end session" barcode at the back of the Shop Card or enter "9999" using the number key pad.
If you have items from another shop simply find the shop code for your next shop on your shop card and scan the barcode. Then follow the same instructions from step 2.
- A new screen will now display "FINISHED?"
If you realise you had more items to scan, press the left blue key to indicate "No" and the screen will return to SCAN ITEM.
If all your items have been scanned then select the right blue key to end your session and then place the scanner back in the cradle.