If you are having trouble with the scanner recognizing barcodes:
- Make sure the full barcode is lined up inside the scanning box. Try moving your device closer or further away from the barcode if it isn’t recognized right away.
- Scanning the barcode from above sometimes works better than scanning from the side.
- Make sure the camera lens on your device is clean – sometimes smudges or fingerprints can interfere with scanning.
- Try using the light button if it is enabled for your device.
- While extra light usually helps, sometimes too much glare can also cause a problem.
- If all else fails, you have the option to manually type in the barcode. When entering the code manually, make sure to type ALL numbers that show up under the barcode, from left to right.